The Indiana Senate Republican Caucus is currently accepting applications for the 2022 legislative session, which runs from the end of December 2021 through mid-March 2022.
Senate staff will be attending in-person and virtual career fairs at universities and colleges across the state in the coming weeks to talk with students about interning for the Senate.
- DePauw University
Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Virtual)
- Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 1-4 p.m. (In-Person)
- University of Southern Indiana
Wednesday, Sept. 22 from 1-4 p.m. (In-Person)
- IU Informatics & Computing Fair
Thursday, Sept. 23 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Virtual)
- DePauw University (Graduate and Professional School Fair)
Thursday, Sept. 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Virtual)
- IUPUI STEM Career Fair
Friday, Sept. 24 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (In-Person)
- IU School of Public Health
Wednesday, Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Virtual)
- Purdue University's Agriculture Career Fair
Tuesday, Oct. 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (In-Person)
- Wabash College
Wednesday, Oct. 20 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. (In-Person)
- Valparaiso University
Thursday, Oct. 21 from 2-5 p.m. (In-Person)
- Purdue University Northwest (Government & Nonprofit Day)
Friday, Oct. 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (In-Person)
- Indiana Means Business Fair: College Career Center Consortium
Wednesday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (In-Person)
- Franklin College
Thursday, Oct. 28 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (In-Person)
Senate Republicans offer internship opportunities in the following areas:
- Legislative interns are usually paired with two senators and provide constituent services, track and analyze bill data, staff Senate committee hearings, and conduct legislative and policy research.
- Information Technology interns respond to IT needs of senators and staff, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, assist in the implementation of new technologies, and reformat and reimage computers.
- Legal interns support the Senate attorney's office and conduct legal and policy research, draft and file Senate motions and resolutions, and summarize amendments and conference committee reports.
- Press Secretary interns track legislation, write news releases and op-eds, create newsletters and social media strategies, and work with members of the media.
- Policy interns conduct legislative and policy research, track legislative proposals, and write memos on legislation.
- Multimedia interns serve as Senate photographers and videographers, monitor online streaming of committees and session, create visual content for print and web, and assist in website management.
Click here for more information about the internship program. The deadline to apply is Oct. 31.