Applications are now open for the Indiana Senate Republican Caucus internship program for the 2020 legislative session.
This program offers paid spring-semester internships to current and recent college undergraduates as well as graduate students. Qualified applicants must be at least a college sophomore.
Interns are given the unique opportunity to gain practical knowledge of state government by working firsthand with Indiana senators at the Statehouse in downtown Indianapolis. This internship also allows students to obtain academic credit and provides a variety of scholarship and networking opportunities.
The Senate Republicans offers six internship opportunities in the following areas:
- Legislative interns are paired with two senators and provide constituent services, track and analyze bill data, staff Senate committee hearings and meetings, and conduct legislative and policy research.
- Information Technology interns respond to IT needs of senators and staff, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, assist in the implementation of new technologies, and reformate and reimage computes.
- Legal interns conduct legal and policy research, file legislative documents within deadlines, and summarize amendments and conference meetings.
- Press Secretary interns track legislation, write news releases and op-eds, create newsletter and social strategies, and work with members of the media.
- Policy interns conduct legislative and policy research, track legislative proposals, and write memos on legislation.
- Multimedia interns serve as Senate photographer and videographer, monitor online streaming of committees and session, create visual content for print and web, and assist in website management.
The internship runs from the end of December 2019 through mid-March 2020.
Click here for more information and to apply by Oct. 31.