FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kyra Helming, Press Secretary
Walter Aleksic, Press Secretary Intern
STATEHOUSE (March 16, 2022) – State Sen. Jean Leising (R-Oldenburg) welcomed the following local students to the Statehouse who served as Senate pages in February.
• Natalie Armstrong, from Middletown, attends Shenandoah Middle School
• Avery Austin, from Batesville, attends St. Louis Catholic School
• Sedda Dunaway, from Springport, and attends Shenandoah Middle School
• Anesa Jakupi, from Shelbyville, attends Shelbyville High School
• David Koch, from Oldenburg , attends St. Louis Catholic School
• Griffin Koester, from Batesville , attends St. Louis Catholic School
• Cayden Lieland, from Batesville, attends St. Louis Catholic School
• Evie Meyer, from Fishers, attends Riverside Intermediate School
• Ava Redding, from Noblesville, attends Noblesville High School
• Kaitlyn Vorderlandwehr, from Fishers, attends Riverside Intermediate School
• Kate Williams, from Noblesville, attends Noblesville High School
Pages spend a day at the Statehouse touring the historic building, observing debates from the Senate floor and interacting with their state senator.
"Talking with my pages and sharing with them what I do at the Statehouse each day is always a pleasure," Leising said. "I believe interactive learning experiences are often what students remember most about their education and the Senate Page Program provides just that."
Students in grades six through 12 participate in the page program on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during the legislative session. Groups serve on Wednesdays.
To learn more about the Senate Page Program, visit www.IndianaSenateRepublicans.com/page-program.
High-resolution photos can be accessed by clicking on the page’s name above or by visiting www.IndianaSenatePage.com.