Indiana’s workforce, economy and infrastructure have shown tremendous improvement in recent years under fiscally conservative republican leadership. These are a few examples of the progress the state has made.
- Indiana currently has an unemployment rate of 3.2%. This is lower than the national average and lower than all of our bordering states. Indiana has also been at or below the national unemployment rate for over 5 years.
- More than 10,000 Hoosiers have completed a high-demand certificate program through Indiana’s Next Level Jobs Workforce Ready Grant.
- Indiana’s tax climate was rated No. 1 in the Midwest and No. 10 in the nation by the Tax Foundation due to reductions in the individual and corporate income taxes, business personal property tax exemptions for small businesses and the elimination of the inheritance tax.
- Indiana is a top-10 state for doing business according to Forbes, which also ranked Indiana as No. 1 in the nation for regulatory environment.
- Last year, businesses committed to creating more than 27,000 new jobs and investing more than $8 billion in Indiana operations in the coming years.
- Indiana is ranked No. 1 in the nation for infrastructure by CNBC.
- Through the state’s Community Crossings Matching Grant Program, Indiana has dedicated over $500 million in matching funds to improve local roads and bridges across the state.