STATEHOUSE (May 17, 2019) – Manchester University President Dr. David McFadden and Ivy Tech President Dr. Sue Ellspermann recently joined State Sen. Andy Zay (R-Huntington) to honor local educators during the 2019 Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at Manchester University.
School corporations in Senate District 17 were encouraged to nominate educators who went above-and-beyond in the classroom and who demonstrated exemplary knowledge and passion for teaching.
The following teachers were recognized at the luncheon:
• Mary Hall of Swayzee Elementary School;
• Marilyn Holder of Eastbrook South Elementary School;
• Christy Neuenschwander of Salamonie School;
• Betty Overdeer of Whitko Jr./Sr. High School;
• Monica Ralston of Northern Heights Elementary School;
• Nicole Screeton of Manchester Elementary School;
• Jen Smith of Wabash High School;
• Megan Wright of Southwood Elementary School; and
• Rachel Yarger of Huntington North High School.
“After hosting three Teacher Appreciation Luncheons and seeing so many talented educators be recognized, I truly believe some of the best teachers in our state are from Senate District 17,” Zay said. “In light of the challenges educators face, it’s my honor to commend their efforts and thank them for their service to our communities.”
Awards were given during the luncheon following comments from McFadden; Ellspermann; Professor of Education at Manchester University Dr. Heather Schilling; and Zay.
Click here for a high-resolution photo of Sen. Zay.