STATEHOUSE (June 16, 2021) — State Sen. Ed Charbonneau (R-Valparasio) will serve as chair of the Interim Study Committee on Public Health, Behavioral Health and Human Services during the summer and fall to help prepare lawmakers for the 2022 legislative session.
He will also serve on the following:
- Community and Home Options to Institutional Care for the Elderly and Disabled Board;
- Legislative Council;
- Legislative Council, Technology Oversight Subcommittee, chair;
- Medicaid Advisory Committee;
- Medicaid Advisory Committee, Standing Fiscal Subcommittee;
- Transborder Water Resources Authority; and
- Wastewater Infrastructure Investment and Service to Underserved Areas Task Force.
“I am grateful to be looking into public health topics over the next several months, including Indiana's trauma care system and the latest report on Indiana's Medicaid system," Charbonneau said. "In addition, I look forward to continuing my work to improve water quality in Indiana through the Wastewater Infrastructure Investment and Service to Underserved Areas Task Force."
Legislators will meet over the summer and fall months to discuss topics approved by the bipartisan Legislative Council, which is comprised of 16 voting members – eight from the Senate and eight from the House of Representatives.
To view study committee agendas and stream hearings online, visit iga.in.gov. To view a list of topics that will be examined, click here.
Click here for a high-resolution photo of Charbonneau.