STATEHOUSE (April 9, 2020) — Communities in Senate District 7 will receive more than $7 million to improve roads and bridges through the Community Crossings Matching Grant Program (CCMG), said State Sen. Brian Buchanan (R-Lebanon).
The CCMG, established by the Indiana General Assembly in 2016, aims to advance community infrastructure projects, strengthen local transportation networks and improve Indiana’s roads and bridges. Since it was put into place, the program has awarded more than $738 million in state matching funds for local construction projects.
In Senate District 7, the following communities received grants:
• Battle Ground received $449,100;
• Brookston received $227,487.75;
• Carroll County received $999,999;
• Chalmers received $134,491.12;
• Clinton County received $947,984.94;
• Frankfort received $221,240.50;
• Kirklin received $216,685,20;
• Mulberry received $316,100.21;
• Tippecanoe County received $400,000;
• White County received $1 million;
• Zionsville received $695,921.75;
• Boone County received $499,517.47;
• Jasper County received $1 million.
“During these difficult times, it's reassuring to see projects like these moving forward," Buchanan said. "Our roads and bridges are a critical part of our local economy, providing the infrastructure for local businesses to succeed, and I look forward to seeing these projects and the impact they'll have on our community."
Through the program, the Indiana Department of Transportation matches up to $1 million annually when localities invest in road and bridge repairs. Counties with populations fewer than 50,000 and cities and towns with populations fewer than 10,000 receive a 75%/25% match, while counties with populations of greater than 50,000 and cities and towns with populations of greater than 10,000 receive a 50%/50% match.
To view the full list of communities receiving matching funds in 2020, visit in.gov/indot/2390.htm. The CCMG offers two rounds of applications each year, with the next call for applications occurring in July.
Click here for a high-resolution photo of Buchanan.