STATEHOUSE (Feb. 4, 2013) – State Sen. Ed Charbonneau (R-Valparaiso) recently welcomed local students to the Statehouse, where they served as Senate pages:
- Cristina Gamboa, from Valparaiso, attends Wheeler High School.
- Joshua Stephens, from Kouts, attends Morgan Township School.
- Ashley Smith, from Valparaiso, attends Valparaiso High School.
- Trevor Bieszczat, from Crown Point, attends Taft Middle School.
- Zachary Smith, from Valparaiso, attends Ben Franklin Middle School.
- Camille Thiros, from Valparaiso, attends Ben Franklin Middle School.
- Bianca Thiros, from Valparaiso, attends Ben Franklin Middle School.
Pages spend a day at the Statehouse touring the historic building, observing some debates from the chamber floor and interacting with their state senators.
“I’m delighted to have students from our district visit the Statehouse and learn about the legislative process,” Charbonneau said. “Paging is a great way for students to see laws enacted and experience a day in the General Assembly.”
Students in grades six through 12 can participate in the page program on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 4.
To learn how you can register your student to serve as a Senate page, visit www.in.gov/senatepageprogram.