STATEHOUSE (March 16, 2012) – State Sen. Ed Charbonneau (R-Valparaiso) recently welcomed local students to the Statehouse where they served as Senate pages:
- Troy Borlick, son of Valparaiso residents Jason Borlick and Christa Emerson. He is a sophomore at Valparaiso High School.
- Alaina and Logan Donovan, children of Valparaiso resident Melissa Donovan. Alaina is a senior and Logan is a sophomore at Washington Township High School.
- Joshua and Zachary Felty, sons of Hebron residents Craig and Tricia Felty. Joshua is a ninth-grade homeschooled student, and Zachary is a seventh-grade homeschooled student.
- Spencer Finney, son of Kouts resident Beth Finney. He is a sophomore at Kouts High School.
- Andrew Kittridge, son of Valparaiso Robert and Judith Kittridge. He is a junior at Valparaiso High School.
- Branton and Victoria Leazenby, children of Plymouth resident Tresa Leazenby. Branton is a sophomore at Plymouth High School, and Victoria is a seventh-grade student at Lincoln Junior High School.
- Lonnie Pappas, son of Valparaiso residents James and Tracey Pappas. He is a junior at Valparaiso High School.
- Katlynn Surfus, daughter of Knox resident Dolores Surfus. She is a junior at Knox High School.
Each legislative session, students in grades six through 12 are invited to serve as legislative pages.
Charbonneau said the opportunity helps educate young Hoosiers about state government.
Pages tour the Statehouse, view session from the Senate chamber, meet senators and assist staff.
For more information about the Senate page program, call 1-800-382-9467.