Indiana State Senate, 1982 - Present
Civil Law, Ranking Member
Insurance and Financial Institutions
University of Illinois (B.A.)
University of Notre Dame (M.B.A.), (J.D.)
Indiana State Bar Association
St. Joseph County Bar Association
Advisory Board Member, Indiana
University South Bend
REAL Services, Board of Directors
Legislator of the Year, Aviation Association of Indiana (AAI)
Attorney, Thorne Grodnik LLP
Portions of Elkhart and St. Joseph counties
Posted by: Natalie Russell | Thursday, January 28, 2016
Zakas: Bill Improves Juvenile Justice System STATEHOUSE (Jan. 28, 2016) – A bill authored by State Sen. Joe Zakas (R- Granger) to allow intake officers more options when juveniles come to a detention facility passed the Senate this week by a vote of 49-0. Under current law, when police take a juvenile to a detention center, an intake officer more»
Posted by: Evan Eikenberry | Tuesday, November 20, 2012
State Sen. Joe Zakas (R-Granger) gathered with fellow legislators today at the Statehouse for Organization Day — the start of the 118th Indiana General Assembly’s budget session.more»
Posted by: Evan Eikenberry | Thursday, November 15, 2012
Indiana Senate President Pro Tempore David Long (R-Fort Wayne) today appointed State Sen. Joe Zakas (R-Granger) as chairman of the newly created Senate Committee on Civil Law for the 118th General Assembly.more»
Posted by: Courtney Heiden, Press Secretary | Monday, March 19, 2012
State Sen. Joe Zakas (R-Granger) welcomed local Girl Scout members who served as Senate pages last month at the Statehouse in celebration of the organization’s 100th anniversary:
• Audrey Carr, daughter of Elkhart resident Tammie Carr. She attends St. Thomas the Apostle School.
• Elizabeth Knight, daughter of Elkhart residents Robert and Nicole Knight. She is a sixth-grade student at St. Thomas the Apostle School.
• Veronica Lidy, daughter of Elkhart residents Steven and Joanna Lidy. She is a sixth-grade student at St. Thomas the Apostle School.
• Anna Marshall, daughter of Elkhart residents Chuck and Christy Marshall. She is a sixth-grade student at St. Thomas the Apostle School.
• Mia Replogle, daughter of Elkhart residents Laura and Jerry Replongle. She is a sixth-grade student at St. Thomas the Apostle School.
Posted by: Courtney Heiden | Monday, January 10, 2011
A proposal co-authored by State Sen. Joe Zakas (R-Granger) banning marijuana-like substances in Indiana and creating stiff penalties for using and selling the products will be considered by a Senate committee on Tuesday.more»